Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Patriotic!

Well, I haven't thought of myself as a patriotic sort of person, certainly not a flag-waving 'New Zild' type of girl. I've got a real pride though when I go through the internet and view things that kiwi's have done - such a range of endeavours! and whenever there is a photo, that incredible light.

It's just a shame that the current flag, pictured above waving from the flagpole at the RSA, just doesn't cut it for me. Where is that gorgeous green of the bush? Where is the amazing curve of the sea and the shoreline? Where is the authentic voice of the new New Zealand?



I have been a fan of the Hundertwasser koru flag for years - my only version is a tiny flag I hand in my office at work.

I've tried to post an image of it above - not a great image - but how much more the green koru shows how proud I am of my country!

1 comment:

GMG said...

Great shots you've here, and quite an interesting speech. Loved! Actually New Zealand always fascinated me, starting by being the antipode of Portugal... One day I'll post some photos from my visits to your country at the Blogtrotter. :))
Gil